Providing Assistance to All Businesses
who want to sell their goods or services to the government, educational institutions, or tribal entities.
The Road to the Government Marketplace
New Mexico APEX Accelerator is your road to the government marketplace. Working as part of the Department of Defense’s Office of Small Business Programs, the APEX Accelerators across the nation will focus on building a strong, sustainable, and resilient U.S. supply chain by assisting a wide range of businesses that wish to pursue and perform under contracts with the DoD, other federal agencies, state and local governments and with government prime contractors.
What We Do
Our Advisors offer free confidential one to one counseling and training in preparation for your business to meet contract ready milestones such as:
- Registering in the System for Award Management (SAM)
- Completing a Capability Statement
- Establishing a Competitive Marketing Strategy
- Determining eligibility and assisting with the application process for Federal Certifications
- Assisting with State/Local/Educational & Tribal Contracting
Other services include:
- How to market your business to the government
- How to respond effectively to a Request for Proposal (RFP) and a Request for Quotation (RFQ)
- Federal accounting and invoicing practices
- Post-award guidance
- Understanding government regulations
- Cybersecurity requirements
- Learning the advantages of teaming with other companies
The APEX Accelerators, formally known as the Procurement Technical Assistance Program (PTAP), was authorized by Congress in 1985 to expand the number of businesses capable of participating in government contracts. The National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) for FY 2020 ordered the PTAP to be aligned with the Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition and Sustainment (USD(A&S)). The DoD Office of Small Business Programs (OSBP) began to manage and operate PTAP with a new name, APEX Accelerators, effective FY 2023.
This APEX Accelerator is funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the Department of Defense. NM APEX Accelerator is also funded by the State of New Mexico.